Will a CSA Membership share suit me?
We know what it’s like joining a pioneer idea.
There’s no proven track record. No one to give you their honest opinion on the products or customer service level. It’s all a bit uncertain (and the word ‘guinea pig’ may spring to mind!).
Sometimes asking a few honest questions may make things clearer about whether or not to join a new venture.
Here are a few key questions about our new CSA Membership program. We hope they will help you make the best decision for you and your family.
We encourage you to take a few moments now to answer these questions – don’t think too hard about your responses, just go with your first thought – and give it a quick ‘yes’ or a ‘no’ 🙂
- I enjoy knowing who is growing the meat I eat
- I want to purchase quality meat, but don’t have time to locate a supplier or shop for it
- I only check my emails semi-regularly, and often miss ‘orders open’ notifications
- I tend to order the same meat packs or products each time
- It would make my life easier to have a continual supply of meat in my freezer
- I’d like a payment plan that will help manage my meat consumption budget
- I appreciate knowing the dates I can collect my order well in advance
- I want to know when my next meat order will arrive so I can ensure I have sufficient freezer space
However, we recognise that a CSA membership won’t be everyone’s cup of tea.
Here’s our thoughts on who a membership won’t suit.
- I’m not fussy about the meat I eat, and prefer getting the cheapest I can find
- I’m more spontaneous, and like to shop weekly for my meat
- I really don’t need to know who grows my meat
- I have very limited or no available freezer space
- I’m not sure what the future holds, and can’t commit to a 8 month membership
- I’m not keen to ‘invest’ in a farm (by nurturing a relationship with the farmer and taking on the risks associated with farming)
Even if you select only ONE from this list, we suggest you contact us before committing to a CSA membership.